If the idea was to jangle the Vancouver Canucks by including a 6-foot-8-inch demolition machine on skates in the lineup for Game 3 at the United Center tonight ... well, mission not yet accomplished by the Chicago Blackhawks.

"When a guy 6-8 challenges you that can't skate? Usually you say no and you go around him and score," Canucks defenseman Kevin Bieksa said Sunday morning, when asked about John Scott's arrival in the Hawks' lineup. "That's what usually you do.

"There are a couple other 6-8 guys in the league. Why doesn't he challenge those guys to fight? I don't think a whole lot is going to change for us. We're going to come out and be physical regardless of who they have in the lineup. Our whole game plan has been to initiate and not retaliate, and we've done a good job of it so far. I don't see anything changing tonight."

Casual dismissal is the luxury afforded a team with a 2-0 series lead, especially when the change involves the inclusion of a player who hasn't seen the ice since March 20 and had just one assist in 40 regular-season games.

But there at least will be some awareness of avoiding response to any of Scott's antics.

"He's going to have a job to do out there," Canucks winger Rafi Torres said. "He's going to go out there and work hard and finish checks and try to knock guys off of their games. We're going to have to be smart."

Said winger Tanner Glass: "It's interesting. He's a contributor on their team and I'm sure they think he'll bring something to the lineup they've been lacking. It's a different look, but we're focused on what we do in here and our process."

bchamilton@tribune.com

Twitter @ChiTribHamilton